I enjoy the fact that these last few Record Club album pics have been all over the map, literally. We have gone from Illinois to Australia to Toms River to Cuba, and now to Italy. This is the first time I had to lean on Google Translate to complete the Album of the Week blog entry. That's a good thing—I'm proud of everyone for keeping it fresh and interesting.
(Also the first album cover in Record Club that has featured a bare female nipple. I'm proud of Rachel C. for choosing this album for that reason alone.)
If Italian dance rock is not your thing, we have the archives HERE, and the playlist to keep you company HERE. Otherwise, continue below to see what John Malkovich was listening to when he was the Pope.
WEEK 79 — August 2-8, 2020
What we're listening to this week (Rachel C.'s pick):
ALBUM: Go Go Diva
ARTIST: La Rappresentante di Lista
RELEASED: November 14, 2018
WHAT GENRE IS THIS: Progressive electronic rock
WHY RACHEL C. PICKED IT: "The single 'Questo Corpo' was featured in a segment of an episode of The New Pope and I was hooked."
TRACKS:
- Questo Corpo
- Ti Amo (nanana)
- Maledetta Tenerezza
- Alibi
- Giovane Femmina
- Guarda Come Sono Diventata
- The Bomba
- Panico
- Poveri Noi
- Gloria
- Woow
LENGTH: 37:21
WHERE TO LISTEN FOR FREE: YouTube
READING SOME SHIT: I don't think I've ever linked to a Wikipedia article before, but it kind of makes sense for this album. That way you can see what all the song titles mean, and get a brief background on how the album came to be. Here's the translated Wikipedia page. Wikipedia is awesome. (I will donate $1 to Wikipedia for every review we get this week!)
Happy listening, fam! Have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment