Sunday, July 19, 2020

Album of the Week: Meta Meta Etc.

Oh good, you found us. I was worried for a minute there; wasn't sure if you check your email or not. We have another album pick for ya, and we don't need Facebook to read about it or listen to it. This is a good thing.

Archives are HERE, the playlist is HERE, the new album is below. Thanks for being here. R.I.P. Facebook.

WEEK 77 — July 19-25, 2020

What we're listening to this week (Sean E.'s pick):


ALBUM: Meta Meta Etc.
ARTIST: Brick + Mortar

RELEASED: August 24, 2018

WHAT GENRE IS THIS: indie / electronic rock

WHY SEAN PICKED IT: "Brick + Mortar is from my hometown of Toms River, NJ. I saw them five or more years ago at the Stone Pony when they were opening for River City Extension. Their set was one of the greatest live shows I have ever seen. Also by far the weirdest. They had a series of cartoons projected on a screen behind them, including two hamburgers making out. There was also a hype man on stage in fishnets, nipple rings, a speedo, and giant foam hands... Anyway, I have yet to listen to this album and this seemed like a perfect chance."

TRACKLIST:
  1. True
  2. All Alone
  3. Fiend
  4. Friends
  5. New Road
  6. Original Sin
  7. Tear Me Apart
  8. Saturday Night
  9. Rich Man
  10. Fear of Failure
  11. Strange Bird
  12. Question
  13. Hate Thy Neighbor
LENGTH: 39:34

WHERE TO LISTEN FOR FREE: YouTube

READING SOME SHIT: Here's a Jersey Beat article from like ten years ago. That too long ago for ya? You could try this Soundigest interview, but they only have kind things to say about Kanye West in it, so the more recent article actually aged more poorly than the older one.

Happy listening, fam! Have a great week!

No comments: