Friday, August 14, 2020

Song of the Day: "In Framing"



"In Framing"
The Hotelier
from Home, like Noplace Is There
2014

At the very beginning of 2019, I discovered midwest emo, and got the wind knocked out of me. For the past nineteen months, I've been chasing that feeling, to diminishing returns. Nothing is ever as good as it is when it's new and fresh. Sometime around the seventh spin of Crash of Rhino's Knot, I'm starting to think "this shit is all starting to sound the same to me."

But I'm gonna listen to any midwest emo album you can throw at me, because I need to find that feeling again. I want to hear an album and just get floored by the excitement, the high intensity, the raw emotions of it all. I'm like a junkie, needing a bigger and bigger fix every time I shoot up. Something like Blowout's No Beer, No Dad just isn't doing it for me anymore.

Lately, I keep returning to the Hotelier for my fix. Home, like Noplace Is There is their 2014 masterpiece, and it's scratching the itch. I feel it again. I listen to this shit and I feel ALIVE. I'm listening as I type these words, and I feel on top of the world. I can do no wrong. I am invincible. Feed me midwest emo forever.

No comments: