Ben Franklin said it was good to go for a walk after a meal. It's possible that he knew the science behind it, but more likely, I think, he did it because he was an observer, and he observed over time that his body felt better if he moved around after a hearty meal. "Post-prandial" is the word that I hear associated with the activity. Don't let the food sit there, get up and jostle it around so that it settles and digests better and makes swift exits.
I want to be more like Ben Franklin. I want to take post-prandial strolls, and lead people, and create things, and have sex with loose women.

2 comments:
We got like a quarter through that Ben Franklin biography on audiobook. Of note where the many years he used his newspaper(s) and magazine(s) to pick fights, settle issues, and raise public opinion of himself and allies.
I imagine poyb may be there at some future day.
Definitely trying to use PoYB to pick more fights, that's for sure!!
Post a Comment