I'll be curious to see if anyone let their feelings about Wilco slip into this one. Or, even more interesting, whether anyone was equally unfamiliar with Wilco or any solo/side projects from Wilco. Or, most interestingly, whether anyone hears the name Jeff Tweedy and thinks about Looney Tunes every single time. I'm actually kinda surprised he hasn't made a Tweety Bird pun yet. Seems like something this man would do.
Any lingering thoughts about the album? It's Friday, so understandable if not. But I'll be in the comment section. Maybe we'll see PoYB regular contributor and good friend Sara B., whose birthday it is today. Happy birthday Sara! What did you think of WARM by Jeff Tweedy?!?!?!

9 comments:
Thanks for today, friends. It felt like we were on all similar wavelengths, each review connected in some way to another review. That feels good, almost like we had a collective experience from this one instead of a series of individual experiences. Whether the music is good or bad is sort of besides the point sometimes. To feel something is what matters.
It is definitely a strange coincidence (or not coincidence at all, depending on how connected you are to a higher power) that this week, of all weeks, was the week we started an album with a song called "Bombs Above." Definitely feeling the line "I should have done more to stop the war" right now. Shout out to Zach and all our pals overseas who are doing what they gotta do to stay safe!
I wish I had more time to write now but Joe - therapy is cool. It’s nice to talk about only yourself for a long time. The reviews here were lukeWARM on the music but it generated a lot of feelings, personal ones, and doesn’t that all make it worth it? - Zach
Gloria - your review is beautiful and touching. I have more to say but for now just want to say thank you. It’s amazing to know people are thinking about you. I also love when our brain makes these connections that make no sense, like the one with the kisses man. It is strange how we work. The end of your review got me. I’m happy to know you.
I laughed out loud at Nate’s final line
Sunny’s review is an essential
Music review and it meshes me think about the album from a different angle
Absolutely 100% worth it. I was familiar with WARM prior to this week, but I'll be honest, I didn't really give it too much of a thought. I guess my first thought, before going with the therapy thing, was that I was gonna write about how this album came out on the last day of my 20s. True story! I spent 11/30/18 getting drunk by myself and arguing with Dominos pizza because they didn't give me my garlic dipping sauce. 12/1/18 I spent with family and friends under the party tent, doing a power hour. So I guess I was distracted, and though I gave WARM the requisite listens, it didn't make an impact. All that to say that I was really glad to have another crack at it, and I'm glad we had this experience with the music this week, even if the music itself wasn't what made the biggest impact.
Gloria, what about those kisses did he write about? I'm genuinely curious. Was it a memoir or was that the premise of a long poem? In college, I made a list of the first 100 women I made out with, but if I were to write a book about it, it would probably end up being like this song.
Cold week, Warm stuff. Happy birthday Sara!
Post a Comment