Shitty looking picture, on purpose, because they are building a great big clean sharp whitewashed apartment complex here, right here on this corner, next to the train station, all sparkly and new eventually, sometime in the near the future, and I want to have this documentation, right here, of this ugly little patch of land before they fix it all up and sell it to the highest bidder. I feel nothing, good or bad, about the change, except that I feel the weight of change, feel every moment that my neighborhood changes forever, I see its scars and its makeup and its extra limbs and its taut biceps and its warted nose. And I want to document the moment, right before the change, so that we can look back and say, yo, hey, remember when this shit looked like this?
Wednesday, March 4, 2026
In My Place 062
March 3, 2026. 40.07652, -75.0833. See the updated map here. See all the blog posts here.
Shitty looking picture, on purpose, because they are building a great big clean sharp whitewashed apartment complex here, right here on this corner, next to the train station, all sparkly and new eventually, sometime in the near the future, and I want to have this documentation, right here, of this ugly little patch of land before they fix it all up and sell it to the highest bidder. I feel nothing, good or bad, about the change, except that I feel the weight of change, feel every moment that my neighborhood changes forever, I see its scars and its makeup and its extra limbs and its taut biceps and its warted nose. And I want to document the moment, right before the change, so that we can look back and say, yo, hey, remember when this shit looked like this?
Shitty looking picture, on purpose, because they are building a great big clean sharp whitewashed apartment complex here, right here on this corner, next to the train station, all sparkly and new eventually, sometime in the near the future, and I want to have this documentation, right here, of this ugly little patch of land before they fix it all up and sell it to the highest bidder. I feel nothing, good or bad, about the change, except that I feel the weight of change, feel every moment that my neighborhood changes forever, I see its scars and its makeup and its extra limbs and its taut biceps and its warted nose. And I want to document the moment, right before the change, so that we can look back and say, yo, hey, remember when this shit looked like this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment