Tuesday, September 22, 2020

This Is My Blood: Schlafly Pumpkin Ale


Today, we completed another pair of food/beer pairing worksheets. Previously—May 18th's pairing of BBQ chicken and a Baltic porter, and August 10th's pairing of shrimp risotto and a Belgian strong ale—we paired the beer with actual meals. I thought it would be kind of funny to pair a beer with a snack this time, but still take the worksheet just as seriously. Here are the results (click to enlarge):



Combined impressions: It was interesting how dissonant the results were for each person. Pam really liked the pairing, and I thought it was mediocre at best. This proves either of two facts: I am a snob, and/or Pam has a much more voracious sweet tooth.

NOTES

BEER: Schlafly Pumpkin Ale

STYLE: Pumpkin Beer

ABV: 8.0%

BREWED BY: Schlafly Tap Room

LOCATION: St. Louis, Missouri

PURCHASED AT: Bottle Bar East

PAIRED WITH: Lidl Pumpkin Spice Drizzled Caramel Corn

GRADE: 3 pukes out of 5 (the beer was better unpaired)

BEER COUNT: 362.5

No comments: