Monday, September 28, 2020

This Is My Blood: Punkin Ale


I hate to say it, but after less than a half dozen varieties, I think I'm already done with the pumpkin beers. They are like any other holiday treat—peeps, eggnog, Irish potatoes, candy canes—in that they are pretty good at the start of the season, but the thrill of the new wears off pretty quickly. Plus, there's no room for innovation when it comes to pumpkin beers. You got the spices, you throw 'em in, and that's that. When you try to get too fancy, it just comes off as tacky. Dogfish Head's pumpkin beer isn't tacky. It's got the classic flavors, and sticks to what it knows. In attempt to stand out it has resorted to purposeful misspellings of the word "pumpkin," which I am not a fan of. Ah well. That's it for today—no gimmicks, just bitching about a beer that I don't necessarily need to have ever again... at least until next fall.

NOTES

BEER: Punkin Ale

STYLE: Pumpkin Beer

ABV: 7.0%

BREWED BY: Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

LOCATION: Milton, Delaware

PURCHASED AT: Bottle Bar East

PAIRED WITH: nothing... pumpkin beers doesn't pair with anything

GRADE: 2.5 pukes out of 5
 
BEER COUNT: 367.5

No comments: