Friday, October 24, 2025

The Silver Tongued Devil and I, Zach


An album to enjoy, an album to listen to, an album to hear in a warm room with a drink in your hand and an arm around a woman you love. I'm paraphrasing something Leonard Cohen once said with those last words. But they ring true here. Kris Kristofferson is, above all, a poet. One time I was in Bryce Canyon National Park and I saw a terrible band perform. I'm sure Kristofferson would have done a better job. His music would fit there, for sure. I wrote to the park ranger who introduced that band, and he actually wrote me back. I sent snail mail to my family from India, but because of tariffs, the letters may never get delivered to the USA. 

My original goal for this was to recreate a dialogue between me, Frank, Sara and Joe from the star-crossed 2011 New Year's at the Shore. The facts of that story pre-adaptation are recounted in a comment section somewhere. But blogging today has tired me out, and that screenplay will have to wait.

No comments: