Friday, October 10, 2025

Luke's Garage, Gloria


The name Delicate Steve reminded me of my grandfather's stories about how he would visit a gay bar called Delicate Frank's while stationed in Georgia for pilot training during his time in the Navy. And that got me thinking of all the lived experiences of the generations before us and how they lived lives before any of us were even a thought.

I don't know if there is a point to any of that. Perhaps it's about how history is woven into all of our personal stories. It's not just in books; it's kept in the tucked-away spaces where people talked, or danced, or sought connections. It's in our conversations, emails, and blog posts.

Luke's Garage was a good album for reflection. It has a great vibe that feels very inviting and intimate. Some of the songs sound like things I can't place, particularly "Nearly Everything." Part of the beauty of music is that it has a way of helping us to bridge the gap between the past and the present. It lets us wander through other people's stories while we are actively writing our own. If I didn't already have plans tonight, I would have gone to see Delicate Steve tonight, too, but I will be writing a different story this evening.

No comments: