written by Zach
It will become obvious to the casual reader that this list—which is NOT in any kind of order; no one here is ranked—is heavily influenced by the fact that my sexuality and gender identity trend toward cisgender straight male. I want to see other lists, too. Bring it on, baby.
It will become obvious to the casual reader that this list—which is NOT in any kind of order; no one here is ranked—is heavily influenced by the fact that my sexuality and gender identity trend toward cisgender straight male. I want to see other lists, too. Bring it on, baby.
1. Maggie Rogers: She has really grown even more into her beauty since the NYU/Pharrell days.
2. CHAI: I am transfixed by their translucent and colorful kaleidoscope.
3. Marika Hackman: I feel her fierce and defiant attractiveness and I want to know more.
4. Erika de Casier: Her beauty is effortless and immediate.
5. Alanis Morissette: There are times where I wish I could paint, just so I could paint Alanis Morissette.
6. Halsey: Blue wig, pink wig, no wig—it always works. Halsey looks like no one else I've ever seen.
7. Margaret Glaspy: Out of everyone on this list, Margaret Glaspy is in the top two percent of people I'd notice on the train and think about talking to. The girl next door, with a magical voice.
8. Dua Lipa: It was a challenge to figure out what to do with the superstars on this list. But, at the end of the day, Dua Lipa is a gorgeous woman, and must be included.
9. Fiona Apple: Fiona Apple is someone I could never look away from, so transfixing is her energy.
10. Miley Cyrus: Miley Cyrus has been in the spotlight for so long and just keeps getting better and better. Her talent and her beauty must be respected, and greatly.
11. Shania Twain: Shania Twain has layers and layers and layers, many layers, endless layers, hats and leather jackets and skin made of gold.
12. Bully: Alicia Bognanno is just so cool and beautiful, and her male bandmates are more in supporting roles here but look good and fine themselves.
13. Jetty Bones: I stare into Jetty Bones's eyes and see the deep ocean blue.
14. PinkPantheress: I didn't know what she looked like before I started this project. Her adorable and approachable beauty was surprising to me given her stage name; I expected her to be much less accessible. Now I just want to be next to her and be her friend.
15. Reba McEntire: Reba is sexy AF. I am positive Joe will agree.
16. Janelle Monae: She is one of those humans that is so eye-poppingly gorgeous that you wonder how humanity as a whole can survive it.
17. Tori Amos: She could make pretty much any act look sultry, sexy and fascinating.
18. Melody's Echo Chamber: Blogging is exhausting, but Melody's Echo Chamber is life-giving. Her bangs are potentially the window to my soul.
19. Emmy Rossum: Her natural radiance shines through, and she simply looks wonderful.
20. Katy Perry: I kind of wanted to leave her off the list because it's a little obvious, but I couldn't. She really is beautiful.
21. Britney Spears: The most obvious slam dunk to be included on a list compiled by Zach S. The stuff of young adolescent dreams for boys coming of age in the late '90s.
22. Little Simz: Little Simz is like a landscape that gets deeper and deeper, all of the time, so all-encompassing is her beauty.
23. HAIM: And on that day, the Lord God said that Zach S. will marry Danielle Haim. Alana and Este will be bridesmaids, and the Voice from Heaven will proclaim it fine and just. A wise man once said that "Danielle Haim should be arrested for being so cool." Yes, cool. Cool, and also so hot, along with her sisters.
24. Fleetwood Mac: The fiery, sexy anger that emanated from this whole band during some of their old live performances vaults them here. Together as one they are firecracker hot.
25. Florence + the Machine: Florence has a look that I could have never dreamed up, and her powers extend far beyond her red hair and larger than life presence.
26. Charly Bliss: Eva Hendricks is beautiful, but so are the rest of her band members. They all just look really, really good.
27. Paramore: The whole band exudes a cool sexiness that's hard to top.
28. MIKA: MIKA is gorgeous. I wish I could move like him.
29. Khruangbin: I wrote about this in my RC review—it's hard for me to focus on their music because of how attractive I find Leezy. The other band members look fine, but she alone earns them a spot, a slam dunk spot.
30. Magdalena Bay: Young, beautiful, unique, complementary; the two band members just make it work and present as two halves of one whole.
31. Kacey Musgraves: I'm not sure how she manages to stay so still during her performances, but her put-togetherness and natural beauty are hard to turn away from.
32. Perfume Genius: There's no getting around it—the members of Perfume Genius are extremely good looking, all in different ways.
33. Jazmine Sullivan: Her World Series Star Spangled Banner in Philly had me in tears, but other than that, she presents her beauty in a versatile variety of different contexts.
34. John Mayer: It's a basic final choice, I know, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but there aren't many more male artists who I'd rather put my arms around than John Mayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment