Prompt: "A song you regret has not been chosen yet by anyone during either iteration of the Song Challenge, because, damn, you have such a good reason to choose this song"
Selected by Zach
"I Want It That Way"
Backstreet Boys
Millennium, 1999
For this one, I tried to think of the most popular song that exists that:
- Is firmly in the wheelhouse of the YSC age range / listening bracket;
- Has not yet been picked for SSC or YSC.
I think it's this song.
It's shocking to me that it hasn't been picked yet for any reason. It's the top karaoke song, the top song that people get excited about when those first few guitar notes hit, the top song to belt out along with others, the top song for '90s nostalgia. You may be more of an *NSYNC person (I am), you may hate this song, you may hate the whole boy band culture, but you can't escape this song. It was part of all our lives at some point. We have, as a group, picked endless amounts of well-known music from all eras. Somehow this one slipped through the cracks.
I guarantee that "I Want It That Way" brings up at least one somewhat significant childhood memory for each person reading this.
2 comments:
Childhood memory: being terrified of this song and every song as grade school dances on the off chance that anyone wanted to slow-dance with me (they did not).
10/10 choice!
Post a Comment