Prompt: "A song that you know for sure makes someone else think of you when they hear it"
Selected by Bridget
"Here I Am to Worship"
Tim Hughes
Here I Am to Worship, 2001
Ok red flag alert... Bridget is talking about a "praising God" song!!! A fun silly thing about me is that I went to Catholic school from pre-K through college, and a lot of time was spent in religion classes. My senior year of high school, I was in a class called ACTS, which stood for "A Chance to Serve." Which is funny because, ya know, the whole being a nurse thing is a lot about serving and helping others. So I guess that kinda worked out. But as part of the class, we would plan out the masses for our school for the high holy days and normal monthly masses. We got to pick readings but most importantly the hymns. And this is a FUCKING JAM. Our teacher would play it on acoustic guitar, and the crowd would go wild. It's just one of those songs that everyone at our high school knew and loved. It's such a Catholic school earworm. If you've heard it once, you've heard it a million times. But because of this, when I'm around my high school friends, this song comes up as a joke often. I recently went on a girls trip with my best friends from high school, and we made a shared playlist. I added the best of the best of pop and rap that was big back in the day. While my friend Kelsey added one song and one song only... it was "Here I Am to Worship." And let me tell you, when this song came on the speaker by the lake as we were drinking champagne and solving all of our problems, we all stopped what we were doing and sang along. We were crying laughing by the end of it! I know that if anyone is listening to the playlist and this song is shuffled on, they are thinking of me and the rest of the girls having one of my silliest memories in the past few years.
2 comments:
This is the song that made me an atheist.
Very amused thinking about this song riling up young christian students and absolutely tearing down the house (of god)
Post a Comment