Prompt: "A song that feels specifically written for you"
Selected by Sara
"Biscuits"
Pagent Material, 2015
Kacey Musgraves, before she became the disco cowgirl, she was a real campy cowgirl. Musgraves sophomore album Pageant Material was deeper in country and had more of the wordplay that she's known for in her writing. I'd like to think that she wrote "Biscuits" for me. A cheeky song about minding your business and not casting judgment on others. I'm a gossip. I'm self-aware that I'm a gossip. But I'll be honest, I'm also judgmental, which is something I work on more than the gossiping part. Working on not "yucking someone else's yum" after all these years. I'd like to say I've improved in my 35 years here, but we're all a work in progress, huh? So thank you for the reminder Kacey. I will always try my best.
1 comment:
She's always been doin' that weed, though.
Post a Comment