Prompt: "The least appropriate song to play at the lighting of the Olympic torch"
Selected by Maeve
"Put Out the Fire"
Queen
Hot Space, 1982
I'm picking this based on name alone—technically this is a song about fire... arms. I would say this is a more prevalent thing that needs to be put to an end... gun, not the Olympic torch. What am I even trying to get at right now?
I love the Olympics, I really do. I love fanfare, I love competition, I love it all. Once they begin, I'm sure I'll have a new favorite sport (did you see that breakdancing is new this year?). Also, this isn't the point, more of a sidenote, but I really love Paris and wish I could be there. I would kill to be eating snails, drinking wine, and watching Embiid pass the ball to LeBron for dunk. UGH.
1 comment:
This song choice was extremely helpful. As you know, I hate Queen's music. But there's always been a fear that maybe I only hate the big hits, and that there are maybe some deep cuts that I could get into if I searched for them. But this song, which is not a "big hit" for this band, is able to prove to me that maybe, just maybe, Queen's deep cuts are fucking awful too.
Post a Comment