Thursday, July 25, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 104: Bridget

Prompt: "The least appropriate song to play at the lighting of the Olympic torch"

Selected by Bridget


Bill Conti
Rocky: Original Motion Picture Score, 1976

A fun fact about this song is that I can actually play this on the alto saxophone. That's correct, y'all, I was in pep band in high school and had to play this song at football games when our team scored a touchdown. I also want it to be noted that it was a requirement if you were in band class. Even typing this now, I'm truly so embarrassed by that. It still slaps listening to it, and is one of the songs everyone knows and can hum along to. The torch lighting song probably should be something a bit more ceremonial, however. And also not featured in a movie about boxing. But hey, what do I know, I'm not an Olympian (even though I famously have said I'd get the Olympic rings tattooed on me for fun).

No comments: