Monday, January 22, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 11: Maeve

Prompt: "The song you think of when you think about your first crush"

Selected by Maeve


"I Knew I Loved You"
Savage Garden
Affirmation, 1999

This song reminds me of middle school dances and waiting for my first big crush to ask me to dance. I don't want to wax nostalgic about childhood dances, because I'm sure it's all something you've heard before and we're all on the same page. Even thinking about them now makes my heart warm in a sentimental way, but also makes my stomach drop in a retroactive nervous way? Wild. That being said, this song is a banger for the ages, and I believe played at every dance I attended, in both middle and high school. Also, shoutout Brian, I hope you're well.

2 comments:

Sara said...

But did you guys get to dance?! Don't leave me hanging.

Bob said...

This band crushed it for like a year.