Prompt: "Your 2024 SONG OF THE SUMMER"
Selected by Sunny
"P.I.M.P."
Bacao Rhythm & Steel Band
55, 2016
Obviously I didn't understand what was going on May 27th, so place the Shaboozey track here. After 3ish months of hearing it, I agree, that song sucks. It's probably not the worst summer hit of the last 20 years (that's "Viva La Vida"), nor the best ("Call Me Maybe").
So instead, I'll pretend this is the "your summer song" prompt. Except I have no idea what that is. I tried doing that exercise you sometimes hear in psychology ("remember how your day went and how it made you feel, now remember how yesterday went and how it made you feel, now keep doing that until the day you were born"), but it's hard. Why is it so hard to remember? I was there... right?
Anyway, I remember in July of last year, Stephan put up the summer classic "P.I.M.P.," which made me remember the hilarious Anatomy of a Fall (yes, that's the adjective I'm currently running with). I quietly added this to a party playlist (something I'd never do to eic jmk of course) and watched with glory as people said things like "why do I know this song??" and "oh my god this was from that weird Swedish movie!" [sic]. So I guess this is my 2024 song of the summer, again.
I listened to Ted Leo's Shake the Sheets a lot in the summer of '05, that's a pretty good album. So maybe "Me and Mia" could go here too.
No comments:
Post a Comment