Once again, the people have spoken. A Holly Dolly Christmas eked out a win against some stiff competition. Let's check out of the final vote totals.
Chilly Gonzalez's A Very Chilly Christmas — 0 votes (sorry Chilly!)
The Bird and the Bee's Put Up the Lights — 1 vote
Carrie Underwood's My Gift — 1 vote
Meghan Trainor's A Very Trainor Christmas — 1 vote
Carrie Underwood's My Gift — 1 vote
Meghan Trainor's A Very Trainor Christmas — 1 vote
Matt Nathanson's Farewell Christmas — 3 votes
Jojo's December Baby — 4 votes
Goo Goo Dolls It's Christmas All Over — 7 votes
Dolly Parton's A Holy Dolly Christmas — 8 votes
So Record Club's official album this week is Dolly Parton's new one (can you believe that this is her 47th studio album, and third Christmas album? Can't argue how prolific she is). Anyone and everyone should write, but the eight people who voted for her will be softly encouraged to write a review, though I'm not going to hold anyone to that. I will also accept reviews for any of these Christmas albums, though that too will be softly encouraged only after your review for A Holly Dolly Christmas is written (though, c'mon, you know I'll publish anything).
Dolly Parton's A Holy Dolly Christmas — 8 votes
So Record Club's official album this week is Dolly Parton's new one (can you believe that this is her 47th studio album, and third Christmas album? Can't argue how prolific she is). Anyone and everyone should write, but the eight people who voted for her will be softly encouraged to write a review, though I'm not going to hold anyone to that. I will also accept reviews for any of these Christmas albums, though that too will be softly encouraged only after your review for A Holly Dolly Christmas is written (though, c'mon, you know I'll publish anything).
Alright, so here we are. It's Christmas, we have the album, so go forth and enjoy. (If you want to check out older albums, you always have the archives and the playlist to explore too.)
WEEK 98 — December 13-19, 2020
What we're listening to this week (per group vote):
ARTIST: Dolly Parton
RELEASED: October 2, 2020
WHAT GENRE IS THIS: Christmas (and country)
WHY WE PICKED IT: Like last year, votes tended to go toward artists that people genuinely enjoy listening to, as opposed to artists whom might be a little more fun to write about (yes, okay, it was I, Joe K***, who threw the sole vote toward Megan Trainor, I admit it).
TRACKLIST:
- Holly Jolly Christmas
- Christmas Is (ft. Miley Cyrus)
- Cuddle Up, Cozy Down Christmas (ft. Michael Bublé)
- Christmas on the Square
- Circle of Love
- All I Want for Christmas Is You (ft. Jimmy Fallon)
- Comin' Home for Christmas
- Christmas Where We Are (ft. Billy Ray Cyrus)
- Pretty Paper (ft. Willie Nelson)
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- You Are My Christmas (ft. Randy Parton)
- Mary, Did You Know?
LENGTH: 43:53
WHERE TO LISTEN FOR FREE: YouTube
READING SOME SHIT: No reading this week, only watching. It's Christmas, time to be lazy. Parton, marketing whiz that she is, performed a lot of these songs live on CBS, and you can check out a bunch of those videos HERE.
Merry listening, fam! Happy holidays!

No comments:
Post a Comment