Sunday, December 15, 2019

Album of the Week: HARK!

The people have spoken. Ya know, there are two types of albums in Record Club. The first is the terrible album that is terrifically fun to write about. The second is a good album that is kinda tough to write about. The people have chosen the latter, as Andrew Bird was clearly the best pick, musically speaking. But I think y'all made a mistake. I would've hated listening to Peppa Pig or Chicago or some fucking SNL chick, but man, would I have loved writing about that garbage.

Still, I'm glad Record Club remains a democracy, and I'm excited to see what y'all have to say about our whistling ornithological friend. Check him out below, after you check out the archives to the right, and the Record Club playlist HERE.

WEEK 46 — December 15-21, 2019

What we're listening to this week (per the group vote):


ALBUM: HARK! EP
ARTIST: Andrew Bird

RELEASED: November 8, 2019

WHAT GENRE IS THIS: CHRISTMAS (though Andrew Bird is usually indie/chamber pop-esque I guess?)

WHY WE PICKED IT: I have to assume it was because Peppa Pig scares everyone.

TRACKLIST:
  1. Alabaster
  2. Skating
  3. Christmas Is Coming
  4. White Christmas
  5. Oh Holy Night
  6. Night's Falling
LENGTH: 19:29

READING SOME SHIT: Being as this is a cast-off Christmas EP, I didn't expect Andrew Bird to be giving any interviews to promote it. But hark! Thank goodness for the local press!

Happy Listening, fam! Have a great week!

No comments: