Sunday, December 8, 2019

Album of the Week: KIWANUKA

Enjoy the final LP of 2019 before we give Record Club a bit of breather with three straight weeks of EPs. R.I.P. Peppa Pig.

As always, along with the new album info below, we have some archives along the right sidebar, and the playlist HERE.

WEEK 45 — December 8-14, 2019

What we're listening to this week (Erin's pick):


ALBUM: KIWANUKA
ARTIST: Michael Kiwanuka


RELEASED: November 1, 2019

WHAT GENRE IS THIS: Wiki says indie folk, other outlets say soul

WHY ERIN PICKED IT: "I PICKED THIS BECAUSE YOU SAID NO TO MY FIRST TWO CHOICES EVEN THOUGH IT WAS PARTLY MY FAULT" [Editor's note: The first two choices were a Christmas album, which I cannot stomach two weeks in a row, and Foals, which I cannot stomach three times in one year.]

TRACKLIST:
  1. You Ain't the Problem
  2. Rolling
  3. I've Been Dazed
  4. Piano Joint (This Kind of Love) (Intro)
  5. Piano Joint (This Kind of Love)
  6. Another Human Being
  7. Living in Denial
  8. Hero (Intro)
  9. Hero
  10. Hard to Say Goodbye
  11. Final Days
  12. Interlude (Loving the People)
  13. Solid Ground
  14. Light
LENGTH: 51:13

READING SOME SHIT: Here is a feature from NME that's pretty good, even though an artist-we-shall-not-name is mentioned.

Happy listening, fam! Have a great week!

No comments: