Friday, December 20, 2019

HARK!, Brian


The best part of this album is the whistling. I'm not kidding when I say Andrew Bird is the best whistler in indie rock, I'd even go as far to say in music today. If Andrew Bird is the Pied Piper of whistling, consider me a filthy little rat-child because I will follow him right out of town. I was worried at first when the first track didn't have any whistling, but Andy Birdy luckily redeemed himself just a few songs later. I'd like to think Too Short was talking about Andrew Bird when he said "I go on and on, can't understand how I last so long. I must have superpowers, rap WHISTLE two hundred twenty five thousand hours." HARK! is the type of record I'd try to play for my parents by saying "hey this guy I like put out a christmas album, I think you might enjoy it" as they nod and immediately forget what they're listening to ten minutes later. But I will always listen if you keep on whistling Andrew!

4 out of 5 eggnog-induced christmas pukes.

No comments: