Sunday, December 1, 2019

Album of the Week: The Black Parade

Happy December, everybody! Record Club is going to continue through the month, even though there are major holidays and that might dissuade people from writing reviews or listening to music. This is totally understandable. How I've decided to work it is that during the weeks of both Christmas and New Year's, I'll slot an EP in for the Album of the Week, which are three or four songs each. I am fully prepared to be the only one to review them, even still. I would just prefer that than to let Record Club skip a week, ya feel me?

ANYWAY, the new album is below, the old albums are along the sidebar, and the Record Club playlist is HERE.

WEEK 44 — December 1-7, 2019

What we're listening to this week (Joe's pick):


ALBUM: The Black Parade
ARTIST: My Chemical Romance


RELEASED: October 23, 2006

WHAT GENRE IS THIS: Pop-punk/emo

WHY JOE PICKED IT: 1) I've been going through a one-third-life crisis thinking that maybe all the albums I made fun of in high school were actually GOOD?! (e.g. Taking Back Sunday's Tell All Your Friends, I've just discovered, is fucking unfathomably great); 2) This cover almost made me drunk cry a couple months ago and I've been saving this album in my back pocket since.

TRACKLIST:
  1. The End.
  2. Dead!
  3. This Is How I Disappear
  4. The Sharpest Lives
  5. Welcome to the Black Parade
  6. I Don't Love You
  7. House of Wolves
  8. Cancer
  9. Mama (ft. Liza Minnelli)
  10. Sleep
  11. Teenagers
  12. Disenchanted
  13. Famous Last Words
  14. Blood
LENGTH: 51:53

READING SOME SHIT: Internet Emo Kids, this is your album apparently!

Happy listening, fam! Have a great week!

No comments: