We celebrated Father's Day but not with food, which was convenient. We had a nice dinner, new combinations of familiar foods, prepared in ways that didn't make me go over the calorie limit. I can do nights like last night, at a baseball game; I can stay below my limit there too. It's just harder. It's a lot easier to maximize the allotment when there are fewer ingredients and a food scale handy.
I had a good Father's Day.
There was a donut at home with my name on it when I got back from work. The kids were warned that I probably wouldn't eat it. I didn't. They were happy to eat it themselves. I was happy to give it to them. A father provides. I'm happy too that such a scenario—free donut!—no longer causes a crisis of faith. It's not a challenge. I just don't eat the donut. It's a simple as that. I don't eat it.
No comments:
Post a Comment