A very busy day, with work and then with the kids. But it was a boring day re: the diet. It's funny how both can be true. I'm thankful that they work in opposite directions and not in the same direction. What I mean is that I could see a hypothetical in which I have a very busy, stressful day at work and then say to myself "Joe, you worked hard today, let's get two soft pretzels and a cup of cheese and relax a little bit on the train ride home." But that doesn't happen. I'm stressed and I calm myself by remembering that the hunger that I'm feeling is a good thing, that I'm being healthy and eating appropriate amounts of food and will be home soon and celebrate with some chicken and a nice salad. Feels good to have control over something in my life when a few other parts of my life occasionally feel a bit out of control.
Part of my "gaining control back from a bad Saturday" was doing some quick meal prep last night. I've done it enough at this point that I know the exact portions—four cans of beans and three cups of rice makes six portions of rice/beans that I can bring to work each day. I probably have a good three months left on this rice and beans shit before I get sick of it and need to rotate it out. For now: it's Bean Summer, baby!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment