Monday, June 2, 2025

Held Accountable — Day 28


I was thinking about Ratatouille again today. "Food is fuel." I've written about this already, of course. Back when I was first figuring out that calorie-counting was the way to go, the simplest means to achieve this specific goal. I cringe at an earlier attempt at the keto diet, when I think about how shitty I felt. It's not about what you eat, it's just eating a little less, that's all. I feel pretty good right now.

(Besides the one knee, which I've decided is being weird enough that it's time to hit the doctor. Mainly in that the right side of it is numb, like I pinched a nerve or something. But besides that...)

I didn't have time over the weekend (my "weekend" is Friday and Saturday) to meal prep. I was on the road for work today anyway, so I wouldn't have been able to heat up any rice and beans even if I had some prepared. So I just threw a bunch of bullshit into my lunchbox and hoped for the best—hardboiled eggs, clementines, cheese stick, granola bar. It wasn't a pretty lunch, but it did its job. Food is fuel.

I can live in this mindset for a while. I know food can be more fun than this, but having fun is where I run into trouble. It's just a means to an end. It's keeping me alive. That's all.

No comments: