Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Summer Song Challenge, Day 31: Dave

Prompt: "A song that was important to you last year"

Selected by Dave


"Dancing on My Own"
Robyn
Body Talk Pt. 1, 2010

I never heard of this song or Robyn before October of last year. I also never heard of Calum Scott or Tiƫsto. But of course, when the Phillies made it the song of their World Series run, I had it on repeat. Ashley and I had a date night without the kids on the Saturday the Phillies completed the two-game sweep of the Cardinals. When we got home, we both continued to party, cracked open champagne and Facetimed my friend, Lyle, who lives in Japan and is a huge Phillies fan. I then asked Alexa to play "Dancing on My Own." Alexa defaulted to Robyn's version, which is the original version, and also the superior version.

No comments: