Friday, June 23, 2023

Strays, Kai


I was first drawn to Record Club because I wanted a broader experience with music. I don't consider myself very musically literate, and nowhere is that lack of knowledge more pronounced than in relation to country music. As such, I was excited to listen to Margo Price this week.

A google of the album Strays informed me that much of the album was written whilst under the influence of mushrooms. Whilst I wouldn't have guessed that myself, it does explain lines such as "Do you ever walk down the street and do you think to yourself... Am I being watched, man!?" It might also explain what I considered to be a wide range of subject matter, which is in nice contrast to my own personal album pick last week.

Overall, I listened to the album a few times and really enjoyed it. "Light Me Up" with its lullaby introduction swiftly turning into a much fiercer song was a joy to listen to. "Radio" was probably my favorite track on the album, which has a raunchy subject matter. I would listen to the album again and would recommend it to a friend.

No comments: