Friendship is finding time to contribute to a gimmick in an already busy week, because even giving the minimum is still giving something. Altruism is the same, knowing that whatever dreck comes at the end of this sentence and the next couple will contribute to a better tomorrow for Philadelphia school children. My college band had a song called "A Better Tomorrow," it was pretty good. Let's do a quick google and see if I can find an active link to that song. I don't think one exists because the band's Myspace page was consumed by the enormous magnet that passed over the globe a decade back, but you never know where the digital footprint leaves.
Couldn't find it. Anyway, this rap math album is a better rap album than it is an instructional tool. Normally that's the kind of easily-conceived haterade that I tend to spew on these reviews, but this time out I really mean it. This is a pretty good rap album! It feels very much of its time, its time being "the south in roughly the years 2005-2007," so how much tolerance or love you have for songs that sound like "Walk It Out" or "And Then What" will depend a lot on your date of birth and your location in the country. And Ms. Robinson is no T.I., but she's clearly listened to a bunch of T.I. and does an able job of aping his style into something charming, if not benefiting from low expectations. This will not really help you do math, but in the greater equation of existence, this yields a positive result.

No comments:
Post a Comment