Monday, November 6, 2023

Exit Survey: Sunny on Universal Consciousness

See the rest of the exit surveys HERE.
 

1. Were you happy with the reviews that were published? How do you feel about your week as Record Club captain?
 
absolutely—for a week I thought would be a Joe-Nate-Sunny or Joe-Sunny, turnout was strong.
 
2. How was the variety of opinions? A wide range, kinda samey, or somewhere in the middle?

on one hand, I think everyone touched on the, uh, avant-garde nature of the music. on the other hand, I appreciate Walter's stream of consciousness perspective, I laughed at Melissa's real world experience of her students, I pondered Nate's classic tongue-in-cheek philosophical yet on-the-mark sentences, I beamed at the simple joy and optimism of Gary, and always enjoy a nearly 1000 words of psuedo dialogue-ing masking as record review. So, much like the tracks on this album, a wide range of expression.

3. Were there any differing opinions that made you view the album in a different light?

before, all I knew was this album was "meteoric"; I definitely see it in different light now.

4. Was there anything about this album or this artist that you wished that people would've written about more?

nah

5. How do you feel about your album choice now that the week is over? A success? Any regrets?

The bumper sticker gag makes it enough of a success. 

6. Any other takeaways from the reviews? Or from this experience in general?

that's enough experimental jazz for a while

7. What is an improvement that Record Club can make that would enhance everyone's experience, either as a captain or as a listener/writer?
 
keep the good times comin', folks

No comments: