Thursday, May 14, 2020

This Is My Blood: Le Rosse Pinot Grigio


As I explained last time I drank wine, I have very little to say about this beverage. I like it, and it's alcohol so it definitely counts toward the drink-a-day challenge, but I don't know how to blog about it. So we will continue with our slow, sporadic march through the reasons I like beer better than I like wine.

REASON #2
I hate the quantities in which wines are typically sold.

This is admittedly a weak reason, one that has more to do with my own peccadillos, but it's true—I think these thin bottles of wine are a travesty for the modern drinker. 0.75 liters (like today's bottle) gets you like five glasses of wine. If you are drinking by yourself, then five is not enough, and no one wants to have to admit that they drank multiple bottles of wine. If you are drinking with a mate, then five does not divide evenly, and so you're either shortchanging someone, or forced to finish your bottle by drinking half a glass, which just doesn't seem right.

I guess these concerns don't necessarily apply to today's drinking—I'm sipping on half glasses these days anyway, and Pam used some of the wine to make a white sauce for our grilled shrimp and angel hair pasta—but I'm speaking in general here. I'd rather just have a pint of beer and be done with it.

Pam received a shipment of 20 bottles of wine for Mother's Day this year, so there may or may not be a few more of these types of blog posts in our immediate future.

NOTES

BEER WINE: Le Rosse

STYLE: Pinot Grigio

ABV: 12%

BREWED BY: Tomassi Family Estates

LOCATION: Verona, Italy

PURCHASED AT: Wine.com (only worth the price if you have a $100 promo code)

PAIRED WITH: Grilled shrimp over angel hair pasta (plus a foot burned by boiling spaghetti water)

GRADE: 2 pukes out of 5

BEER COUNT: 190.5

No comments: