My baby used to dance underneath my architecture, we lost track of space, we lost track of time.
Friday, May 15, 2020
Microshift, Nate
My favorite album released in 2019 is Operator’s Radiant Dawn, which is a new-wave inspired indie rock album about the idea that we are doomed but must soldier on regardless. Microshift is a new-wave inspired indie rock album about the idea that we will suffer but can fundamentally overcome through our shared decency.
On most days, I think the former is the more true sentiment, when “Negative Space” or “Opener” are on, I feel like the sun will do nothing but rise for the rest of my life. That it's power doesn't last outside of its playing is not the record's fault; the reason the idea doesn't stick with you is because you live in the real world. Microshift is a glimpse into a better place. This is the kind of album that makes you feel corny, then makes you feel guilty for feeling corny.
I fucking love this record. To the indie rock bands of the Americas and beyond: Please continue to make emo dance music. I will continue to be floored by it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment