Saturday, May 23, 2020

This Is My Blood: Love Bird

I'm continuing my trek through every beer style (HERE) as well as my trek through almost every beer Attic Brewing Co. currently has to offer (and were nice enough to bring directly to my door).


Oatmeal Stout
(#21)
Exemplified by Love Bird

I say this for every non-IPA beer, but I swear to god I mean it this time—oatmeal stouts have become my new favorite beer through this project.

There are plenty of other styles of stout out there, and I've had a few this year already. But there's something about oatmeal stouts' creaminess that makes it so satisfying to me. Oatmeal stouts are ink black typically, with low bitterness. The oatmeal added give it that creaminess, as well as a slight cookie flavor.

Oatmeal stouts weren't even a thing until sometime in the twentieth century, so my love of this style isn't centuries-too-late like some of these other beers. And to be honest, after the day I had today, it couldn't have come to me at a better time/century. Love Bird relaxed me even when the kids refused to let up.

NOTES

BEER: Love Bird

STYLE: Oatmeal Stout

ABV: 4.8%

BREWED BY: Attic Brewing Co.

LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA

PURCHASED AT: Online, delivered

PAIRED WITH: chocolate chip cookies that me and Willow baked together (good pairs—cookie/stout and daddy/Willow alike)

GRADE: 4 pukes out of 5

BEER COUNT: 199

No comments: