Friday, April 29, 2022

Jailbreak, Dwyer


It's been a shit week. Luckily, Thin Lizzy is here to save it. It's been 22 hours since I've slept and I'm on my way to pick up Joe K*** at 5 AM on a Thursday on our way to catch a flight to my bachelor party in Austin.

This album finally put me in the right mindset of excitement for my bachelor party. Almost every song perfectly replicates what the feeling of this weekend can be about. I'm looking forward to seeing many friends whom I haven't seen since the pre-pandemic days. 

For some reason, I never heard of the band Thin Lizzy before. I've certainly heard one of their songs before, which I'm pretty sure is a popular hit, but I gotta say I vibed to all the jams of this '70s album, which reminded me of the likes of Tom Petty. Overall, just a total mood changer.

Props to Lamson, Drew, Sam, and Stephan for picking out this album of the week (though not sure why Lamson originally picked a Lord of the Rings soundtrack). 

Cheers to a great weekend. The boys are back in town, indeed.

No comments: