If you pick an album for Record Club, you will get an "exit survey" on Friday afternoon, after the reviews have been published. This isn't to add more to your workload; I instead just want to provide space for the album picker to have the final say, if they feel like they need some sort of closure on the week. It's totally and completely optional. Kai has chosen to provide that closure on his week of Arctic Monkeys, and so I will publish his responses to the survey below. Thanks for a fun week, Kai!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Was there anyone who convinced you to consider a different opinion regarding the album itself? No, I don’t think so. There was a general amount of consensus on the album I felt.
2. Was there anyone who you felt did a good/bad job at presenting their own views, regardless of whether you agreed with said views? There was no one I felt did a bad job. I thought everyone put their views across well.
3. Were the reviews varied, or did this album elicit same-y opinions? What about that album made that true? Or do you think that this answer is reviewer-dependent and not album-dependent? I felt the reviews perhaps were same-y. Maybe that is a result of me playing it a bit safe with the selection, and picking an album that was generally quite popular. Mike, who had a quote embedded in Joe's review, may have had a slightly different opinion, but it was just a one liner.
4. Did the variety of reviews justify the album choice? Probably no. Would you choose a different album (yes/no) based on the reviews received? Also no, but that is because I just really enjoyed reading what people thought about the album.
5. What can Record Club do differently to make your RC experience (especially as a weekly captain) a worthwhile one? Nothing springs to mind, I think it is run well.
6. Any other takeaways you have from this experience? No—thank you for letting me pick!

No comments:
Post a Comment