As discussed yesterday, we are throwing some short miscellaneous bullshit at the wall for the next two weeks, Monday through Thursday, since blogging is reallllly low on the priority list during this time. Thank you kindly for your understanding.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Got a haircut a couple weeks ago. Thought it went pretty well. This is the second time I've gone to a barber shop on the concourse at Suburban Station. They definitely aren't the cheapest haircuts I've ever gotten (I'm talking $30+tip, whereas I'm used to like $20+tip), but it's more about convenience. I don't really work with anyone at the office on Fridays, so I can go while I'm on the clock, and it's close enough to work that I'm not out of the office for hours (though I probably could be and no one would notice anyway, but let's not push it).
I also get the sense that the barber was only wearing his mask because I told him pretty early on in our small talk that I work for the city government, and didn't clarify which department I work in. This dude (late-70s, white) was overall pleasant, but was also working in overdrive to talk politics with me, and I wasn't giving in. First, he was saying how it was bullshit about the masks and about the testing requirements at my school, and trying to get me to agree with him. Then he was going deep on questions about how I was hired by the city, and whether they "forced" me to "become a democrat" once I was hired. Which is a very silly thought.
Overall, it was made pretty clear to me that my barber was a trumper. In general, I'm trying to shut the fuck up when it comes to politics in public recently, because it never ends well. I can also say, specifically, that I wasn't going to argue politics with someone who at the time literally had a sharp blade pressed against my neck. Not trying to get Sweeney Todd'd over being a leftist.

No comments:
Post a Comment