Monday, September 4, 2023

Summer Song Challenge, Day 99: Stephan

Prompt: "A song about endings"

Selected by Stephan


"It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday"
Boyz II Men
Cooleyhighharmony, 1991

My initial instinct was to respond to this prompt bleakly, but I think the song choice does that plenty.  Instead, I want to express my gratitude to PoYB’s editor-in-chief, JMK. Thank you for creating an entertaining, judgement-free space for us to share and express ourselves creatively. This writing workshop was a great way to connect intimately with friends, old and new.

To all the SSC contributors, thanks for sharing all the great (and sometimes not so great) music. More importantly, thanks for the vulnerability, honesty, humor, insights, and uniqueness you have shared in your writing. It's been a very fun and thought-provoking experience, and I'm glad to have shared it with you.

I know this sounds like the corny shit you say on the last day of camp to the best friends you've made that summer that you'll most definitely never see again, but my sentiment is genuine. It's been a great summer! Love ya'll!

No comments: