The timing of this pick is just right. It's giving Pumpkin Spice Fall Girl Season (compliment) more than Stick Season. Listening to this album, I feel like I'm back in early college, getting into the Avett Brothers, suggesting we go off campus for a sojourn to a pumpkin patch. Shake it up a little, you know? Get out of the city!
Simpler times, simpler times.
I am not on TikTok, so I too went into this artist fresh. Though I feel like I've heard this all before. It's familiar. David Gray, the Avett Brothers, Alabama Shakes, the Lumineers, et cetera. Americana singer-songwriter absolutely made for college years and "finding yourself," albeit a lot more polished sounding than the aforementioned artists.
I mean gosh, there's even a lyric about friends coming home for the holidays. Remember going out on Thanksgiving Eve? Remember looking at your high school friends' first Facebook album and wondering if all these new people are smarter, funnier, and more interesting than you? Did you even want to go back home on break anyway?
Even though Noah Kahan isn't serving me anything new per se, it's new to the TikTok generation. And they too deserve songs that make your heart swell and give you that heartbroken, a little bit lost main character feeling.

No comments:
Post a Comment