Are you a person of faith? Do you believe in destiny? Can both of those coexist?
Funny enough, I'm writing this review as we're on a church retreat to the IronPigs.
Personally, I'm not religious. But I'm a huge believer that everything happens for a reason. Cut to Stick Season.
It's been a pretty bad week. Melissa is heading back to work. We're getting ready for Vincent to head into Pre-K. We're hitting that end of summer, low funds. Everything is flying up in price. And I can't seem to stop sweating.
We were on our way to Soccer Shots. If you don't know what that is, it's a bunch of kids who haven't napped, parents baking in the sun, and coaches who are absolutely underpaid.
We put on Stick Season. It was like everything melted away. My shoulders were untense for the first time since 2020. Noah is singing to my soul. It's the simplistic man and his guitar. And that's all it needs to be. It's perfect.
I could go on and on about how much I relate to almost every single track, but I'll keep you from my rants. This was everything I needed and everything I wanted. Thank you, Maeve.
9 peaceful melodies out of 10

1 comment:
Yay!! I'm so glad you liked it!
Post a Comment