bLog tv correspondent here, Joe K***, starting a new show that's been HIGHLY recommended and i hope that I'm gonna enjoy. 'Til Death. An american sitcome that aired from 2006 to '10. This needs to be clarified because if you try to torrent episodes from ThePirateBay like I have, there are a whole bunch of other "til death" results that pop up, including a british sitcom too, and some wedding special for reality tv stars, and various tv episodes that have "till death" in their individual episode titles. Make sure if youre following allong here that you have the correct tv episode queued up. I watched the pilot on youtube. I have no idea how i'm gonna watch the second episode, which is not on Youtbe or any of the illegals streaming websites that I use.
Now as to the WHY I have been recommended to watch this tv show, I guess I will have to find out. My theory is that it is because it takes place in Cheltenham, PA, which is adjacent to where I grew up, the town where I went to grade school, and the hometown of a few close friends. MY good pal Kevo went to Cheltenham HS. The two male characters in this TV show work at Cheltenham HS, and since the show started at the beginning of our senior year, we can assume that Finch from American Pie was Kevo's high school vice principal that year. No word on if Brad Grattatouille was his history teacher. Also, at one pooint brad goes to the hospital with his milf wife Joy, and they show the hospital as Abington hospital, which is where both of my sons were born, hunter and james, before my wife sorry EX wife heartlessly ripped them away from me. ITs like the show was rubbing it in a little bit, with the hospital bit, and also with Finch being in love with his wife, like i remember those days for sure, long gone, and were even past Brad and Joy in whcih they live togethr and are married but dont seem to LOVE each other. My family doesnt even live with me anymore. I'm spending my time dribbling chicken wing grease down my chin and watching late-naughties TV american sitcomes.
IF there is one thing that Til Death speaks to accurately is that wives do NOT let their husbands have fun, never, not even with billaird tables. It only took Finch approx 14 days to get into a fight with his wife about the pool table and that's understating it. for men, marriages is a PRISON SENTENCE and we should all follow the lesson learned from Finch from American Pie, that no matter how open the lines of communication may SEEM to be in your marriage, that if you wanna do something fun like get a billairds table, your fem counterpart will say NO and then NO again because she hates you, hates you so much, wanted to marry you to PUNISH you, tricked you into having kids, two beautiful boys, the boys that you can only see every other weekend and 1/3 major federal holidays now, which is BUULLSHIT, thanks to some asshole JUDGE who hated me just because I wore my minions pajamas to the custody hearing, i was just trying to be comfortable as my life was TORN APART.
Brad knows what im talking about. He represents the everyman here in the american tv sitcome TIL DEATH. He doesn't smile once. He and his wife spend every second they share on screen together looking like they'd attempt to choke each other to death if the sitcome cameras weren't in the room. Which is another things, I don't know but I have the feeling that these characters know that they are on a sitcome, that maybe the only reason that domestiv violence hasnt occurred yet is because there is a hole fucking film crew in the room with them, three cameras, three different angles, millions or possibly billions of people watching from home. Brad Grat in his emmy-winning turn as Eddie is the model of restraint. He talks about his wife like he found a dijon mustard stain on his favorite shirt. he does NOT mistreat her. The camera ensures this. I promise that I treated my own wife Darlene with RESPECT and yet i'm still forced to cut alimony checks monthly, well jokes on her because reviewing american tv sictomes on the internet pays SHIT and you can't split shit two ways.
The Pilot episode of TIll Death was a triumph. It did what all pilots scripts should set out to do—it laid out the premise of the entire series in strong terms. And here it is: marriage is WAR. If you find yourself tricked into the institution of marriaage, then you, as a strong white straight cisgender male, should find yrself some allies, like the guy from AMerican Pie who lives next door, and fight the battle together, the battle against women, who, as you know, are ALWAYS right, it's a losing battle is what Brad Gart is saying. It's a DEATH sentence, marriage. Hences the name of the tv sitcome, the title. Til Death. The point of this show is that we are already dead. And so why not spend your time watching other men struggle as you have struggled. I have struggld. I am here, watching Ray Romano's brother act out my life on the screen. i am MISERABLE!!!!!!!!
GRADE: 5 pukes out of 5
NEXT TIME: ep 2 "Sex for Furniture"

1 comment:
it has been requested that poyb features more tv coverage on the blog so here we are
Post a Comment