I understand that the tallying of the days of dieting and the days of writing is not what I'm supposed to be doing. It should instead be: one day at a time. I know this. It's the Evil Knievel thing, where you start stacking up cars and eventually it feel insurmountable; instead, jump one car each day.
I will be attempting to think of it like one car. I jumped the car today. I hit the calorie limit. I heeded not temptation. I was on the road for work and could have easily followed the scent of the cheesesteaks into any shop in town, but I didn't. I waited until I was in the office and ate my rice and beans like a good little lad.
I forget what day I locked into the habit last time. At least a week, probably? Like, at what point did I say "well, it's been X many days, I feel like I should keep this going." Because right now, being only two days, the voice in my head is saying "it's only been two days, just eat the cheesesteak, man, who gives a shit?" Eventually, that flips, I just don't remember when.
But maybe that's my problem. Maybe I'm leaning too hard into the "streak" being the cure. I instead need to take it one day at a time. Jump one car per day.
No comments:
Post a Comment