I got through the first half of the album. I really like Cautious Clay! I was super excited when I saw he was the pick, and was even more excited when I realized I didn't know these songs and that I really only know his songs "Cold War" (from some HBO show) and "Rapture in Blue," but I never sought out to listen to the rest of the album.
But here are my thoughts (more like scratch notes) on what I did get through:
"High risk" — really enjoyed this song except for the weird discordant off-beat trumpet (was it a trumpet?) solo.
"Shook" — solid song. Nothing really stood out but it was classic Cautious Clay. Enjoyable.
"Karma & Friends" — didn't do anything special for me. Tried listening to it three times back to back, because each time it just became background noise.
"Strange Love" — liked this song from the first note, and then when he started singing it solidified me. This is a banger.
"Box of Bones" — ok. nothing special.
"Agreeable" — like the beat. Like the vibe.

No comments:
Post a Comment