Friday, July 1, 2022

shvt vp and enjoy the weather, Kai


When looking up Magic Toaster on Spotify, I was happily surprised to see they are a less established band, newer to releasing music, and I think with fewer listeners than any of the albums I have listened to since being a part of Record Club. I must admit, I generally never read the background on the Puke on Your Birthday website about the album of the week, but I did this week after listening to the album, and realized they are personally known to a member of Record Club. Apparently, they are based in Ann Arbor, which I have been to a couple of times—it is a great place.

I enjoyed the album, and it is unlikely I would ever have discovered it without Record Club. I found the songs relaxing and the rock melodic. If they are ever in Philly, we can probably organize a Record Club outing to see them.

All the best for the future, Magic Toaster.

No comments: