After the severe threat of being excluded from a Joe party as a result of lack of reviews, I buckled down and made sure to submit one for this week. It also helped I love the Black Keys. If it makes any difference, I actually very frequently listen to the albums that are picked for Record Club, I just forget to write reviews...
I listened to most of the album driving through upstate New York in relative countryside, and it was a great accompaniment for the drive. That could be a good or bad recommendation based on your view of upstate New York. Personally, I liked the album overall. It was mellow and had what I felt was the signature Black Keys sound. I don't think the album is as good as El Camino, but that is a high bar, and I seem to remember spending a portion of my Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (an album I picked) review talking about bands evolving.
Looking at the Black Keys' landing page on Spotify it suggests that "Wild Child" is the most popular single from the album, and I enjoy the song. If I had to pick a single song from the album, I would probably pick "Burn the Damn Thing Down," which has made it on to one of my playlists. Overall, I really enjoyed this week's choice of album.

No comments:
Post a Comment