If you pick an album for Record Club, you will get an "exit survey" on Friday afternoon, after the reviews have been published. This isn't to add more to your workload; I instead just want to provide space for the album picker to have the final say, if they feel like they need some sort of closure on the week. It's totally and completely optional. Not gonna lie, though, I made it clear that it was mandatory for Pam. It's one of the gifts of being married to a megalomaniac blogger of a husband.
~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Was there anyone who convinced you to consider a different opinion regarding the album itself? Nah. I think everyone's takes on Reba were pretty similar to mine.
2. Was there anyone who you felt did a good/bad job at presenting their own views, regardless of whether you agreed with said views? I thought everyone did a good job presenting their views.
3. Were the reviews varied, or did this album elicit same-y opinions? What about that album made that true? Or do you think that this answer is reviewer-dependent and not album-dependent? I think all of the opinions were mostly the same, including mine. This is a Reba McEntire album that exists that is totally fine. I did like the fact that on one end we had Kai, who had never even heard of Reba, and then on the other end were Joe and Sunny, who have been getting intimately acquainted with one small slice of Reba this summer via "Grannies Gone Wild," and still the opinions were mostly the same.
4. Did the variety of reviews justify the album choice? Would you choose a different album (yes/no) based on the reviews received? I might have chosen a different album if I thought more people would write reviews OR if I knew a little more about Reba and there was a better, more fun album of hers. I chose Read My Mind based on a Google search of "what is Reba McEntire's best album?" I did not verify the credibility of the site from which I chose haha.
5. What can Record Club do differently to make your RC experience (especially as a weekly captain) a worthwhile one? More female artists!
6. Any other takeaways you have from this experience? For my next pick I want to choose an album that elicits some very strong opinions, hopefully differing opinions. But that's tough because we're all just so like-minded, ya know? We keep good company, what can I say?

1 comment:
Addendum: Nate's review went up a little late so I answered these questions before reading his review. Considering all reviews, I just wanted to add that I was a little surprised to see that Nate's review was probably the most positive of the group. Pleasantly surprised. If I'm not misinterpreting, I agree that Reba does certainly represent something bigger than her music, which made me like her even more.
Post a Comment