Friday, June 10, 2022
El jardín de los presentes, Nate
So this record comes out during a coup, and that in part propels it to great heights. At least that's what I think the Wikipedia page is trying to tell me. Look man, I'm not going to sit around and tell the people of Argentina what their best album is. If you tell me it's one that sounds like the intersection of late-era Yes and late-era Santana, I'm not going to argue. Is it a projection that the chaos and howling of the record captured the political and social unease of the time? Is that why it sits atop whatever list, because it was the right record for the right time? Will I ever think of it again? Does it matter if I do? Does it say anything if I don't?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment