Friday, May 9, 2025

Imperfect Cadence, Sara


Did I like this album? Yes. Did I dislike this album? Yes. Many a conversation about time and place for music, being in the right place/space/mood to consume the talent. My style of listening to music weekly (in the car on the way to work in god knows what mood) isn't conducive to giving anything a fair chance. 

Conceptually, I understand what we're doing here. Finding music in nature. Marrying the natural world and the modern world. On tracks like "Brace," it really works. But I have to say, it all sounds like a soundtrack to me. This is made for movies. Teetering on the edge of the PoYB rules, because who's to say I can't submit Wicked now that we've had this? I think feeling like a movie soundtrack made it hard to get into the album, but it's also what made listening to "Brace" while driving down Kelly Drive exhilarating. Do we see where I'm coming from?

OK, too many questions posed in one review. Apologies, pals, I'm just getting back into the swing of things.

Listen to this album while riding in the backseat of your parents car looking out the window letting your imagination run wild.

2 out of 5 Big Brens

No comments: