Friday, May 9, 2025

Held Accountable — Day 4


Going out to eat is a challenge. I feel like those are usually the moments when I'm most likely to give in. Well, okay, maybe a half-step down from "family party" (I will eventually have to face one of those, and it'll feel like a final boss fight). But I mean c'mon, the bread basket was right there. That's tough not to have a piece of warm bread with butter. Tough to not eat the kids' leftover mac 'n' cheese. Tough to not split an app. You know how it goes. This isn't new to anyone.

It was Willow's birthday, so, per request, we went to Cheesecake Factory. An establishment with a reputation for dishes with extraordinary calorie counts. I assume they are aware of this, and so they have an embarrassingly named "Skinnylicious" menu. I ordered a Skinnylicious meal, which was a pretty good turkey bacon avocado sandwich and side salad, all apparently under 600 calories. The worst part about it was indicating to the waitress which menu I was using and using the word on the front of that menu. Otherwise, I had a low-cal sandwich, and it was fine.

This still felt like an "easy mode" challenge. That Skinnylicious menu made it easy. What would I have done if Willow had chosen Nifty Fifty's instead? I suppose I'd have to eat dinner before we leave and not eat anything else once we get there. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Day 4 was about being true to the mission in hostile territory.

No comments: