Wednesday, May 14, 2025

Held Accountable — Day 9


First, a shoutout to friends who have texted or emailed me about this behind-the-scenes 1 AM blog column. I appreciate the underlining of the accountability, and hope that maybe it'll reflect back onto you and your own personal journeys. I appreciate the added motivation too. I'm documenting what I'm doing so that I can be proud of what I did, but if other people are proud too, then I'd like to keep that going. So thank you, friends.

ANYWAY, it was a decent day. I've been pretty much eating the same things every day, which is fine. I think I could probably eat the same meals for a whole month if I needed to before switching it up. So far, my breakfast (only after the gym) is peanut butter and prunes on a low-carb wrap with Gatorade, lunch is beans (Aldi mild chili beans in a can) mixed with rice and hot sauce plus three clementines, and dinner is salad with chicken breast. All of that basically works out to exactly 1760 calories, with maybe a few calories left over for a very small snack. It's easier for me to do the same thing over and over then to have to worry about the menu every day.

Hit the gym, feeling like I'm going to have to take a break tomorrow. I just feel achy. I feel better after the gym, but then get creakier and creakier throughout the rest of the day. I felt good after 1.5 miles on the treadmill and some weightlifting, but as I sit here now on the couch at the end of the evening, my ankles are fucking killing me, my right knee is feeling iffy, and I have really tight muscle tension in my upper left back and right tricep. A day off is in the cards. I like feeling good but I don't want going to the gym every day to be debilitating. It'll be cool to go maybe four days out of the week on average. 

Tuesdays feel a lot easier than Fridays or Saturdays or Sundays. Which means less tension in these blog posts. Wait till the weekend confronts me with more pizza opportunities and watch my resolve crack slightly but never break, and then wait till I write about it on the BLOG.

No comments: