Gotta keep moving. Driving, driving, driving. Gotta keep working. Typing, typing, typing. Is that "Hello Love"? Didn't I just hear this?
Type to the beat as I keep my head down. Pause.
"Don't stand there waiting all of your life
For the night to come and find you.
The clock is ticking, baby, now is the time."
Can Jessie Ware see me? Does she know I'm zoning out? How many times has this album repeated?
I drove around and listened to music a lot this week. I also listened at work. That means, I've churned through a lot of That! Feels Good! I agree with every exclamation point. Whatever "that" is, makes me feel pretty darn swell.
I struggle to define why this album is good and CANDIACE's album is bad. There's something more than the lack of reality television clips from Ware's release that make it good. But there's some pretty basic lyrics on oft-trodden themes.
And yet when I am riding this pop wave, I never want to crash down. The production is tight, the hooks are solid, and I want to hear what Ware has to say about topics I've heard about before. Maybe I get lost in the beats, but that's OK. I am here for Jessie Ware.

No comments:
Post a Comment